About to buy an ASUS VG248QE 24 inch monitor from amazon. I need cable help

Verwaltung

Reputable
Sep 23, 2015
So its set in stone I am getting this monitor. What cable do I get To get the 144ghz from my gtx 770 2gb video card. I saw the display port combo thing but there was a review that really bugged me saying the cable had issues like flickering and wouldn't go at 144ghz. there was a few others about the flickering. I watched a linus tech tips on cables but I was still confused. I feel I am over thinking this. do I go for this display port or go for an dvi cable. If someone could enlighten me on this subject I would greatly appreciate it. I was all good till I started to look in the reviews and became very very confused on what wire to pick lol... and a side question can the 770 2gb handle 3 or 2 monitors? I have two hanns-G 5 ms 60ghz one is 26 and the other 22. can I run all three or can I run the 26 inch one and the new asus? I know its a bunch of questions but I am really confused right now and would be amazing if yall can clear this up for me.

Here is the Display port cable link: http://www.amazon.com/Cable-Matters%C2%AE-Gold-Plated-DisplayPort/dp/B005H3Q59U/ref=pd_bxgy_147_img_2?ie=UTF8&refRID=0AY3BN3F3HTN793W7NPM

Here is the div that I think is the right one: http://www.amazon.com/C2G-Cables-26911-DVI-D-Digital/dp/B0000X0VCY/ref=sr_1_2?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1448880309&sr=1-2&keywords=dvi-d+dual+link+cable

Solution
That is a DVI-I dual link which deals with 1080p 144hz just fine. Same goes for the Display port. People usually say DVI-I for monitor overclocking (which I doubt you would be doing) and display port for trying to get to 4k (which again doesn't matter on this monitor). So in both cases both cables will do the job, it is entirely up to you which one to use but they will both provide the 144hz 1080p. On the other note, I am pretty sure the 770 will run the 3 monitors even at 1080p, just the gaming performance, as you expect, won't be great.
That is a DVI-I dual link which deals with 1080p 144hz just fine. Same goes for the Display port. People usually say DVI-I for monitor overclocking (which I doubt you would be doing) and display port for trying to get to 4k (which again doesn't matter on this monitor). So in both cases both cables will do the job, it is entirely up to you which one to use but they will both provide the 144hz 1080p. On the other note, I am pretty sure the 770 will run the 3 monitors even at 1080p, just the gaming performance, as you expect, won't be great.

Solution

Verwaltung

Reputable
Sep 23, 2015
I wasn't really going to do 3 but I wanted to see if I could. I will probably use the 26 hannsg and the new asus as my main setup. The games I play is League CSGO, and a few early access games. the forest, subnautica, dig or die, and stonehearth. and thank you for clearing up the cable situation as well.

Verwaltung

Reputable
Sep 23, 2015

great perfect thanks bud saved me hours of freaking out about wires and what I need to buy.