Larger Monitor Advantages + Refresh Rate?

Chronos1985

Reputable
Apr 8, 2015
Hi everyone,

I am in the market for replacing my Acer 144hz monitor for the newer larger Acer predator models.

My question is, I clearly see a difference and enjoy my 144hz refresh rate, however, when going bigger and knowing these bigger sizes come with 60hz-100hz, will the difference in refresh rate be more or less apparent when going bigger?

Is the only advantage to these new curved screens for now that I will get better colors and picture?

Thanks!

Solution
The size should not affect your perception of the refresh rate. If you're really used to 144hz, you will probably find it difficult to move back to something lower, espicially if you are also able to run your games at 144hz. Things will not be as smooth as they were and you will notice it. Trading refresh rate for size and/or better picture, it's up to you to decide if you can live with it, some people can and some people cannot.

About curved monitor, i never had one, i only had the chance to see one in a store. I think the benefit is mostly immersion. I'd suggest typing "curved monitor pro and cons" in google, it seem there are alot of articles on the subject.

salawow

Distinguished
Jul 30, 2014
The size should not affect your perception of the refresh rate. If you're really used to 144hz, you will probably find it difficult to move back to something lower, espicially if you are also able to run your games at 144hz. Things will not be as smooth as they were and you will notice it. Trading refresh rate for size and/or better picture, it's up to you to decide if you can live with it, some people can and some people cannot.

About curved monitor, i never had one, i only had the chance to see one in a store. I think the benefit is mostly immersion. I'd suggest typing "curved monitor pro and cons" in google, it seem there are alot of articles on the subject.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS