overclock intel i5 3570k

shadowm891

Honorable
Aug 18, 2013
I do not know if it's my cpu cooler or what but i'm trying to overclock my intel i5 3570k to 4ghz for starters and i can not get it past 3.5ghz without getting to 80. the cpu cooler i am using is a corsair hydro h55. as fare as settings all i did is up my voltage to +5 and my turbo voltage to +4.

shadowm891

Honorable
Aug 18, 2013
What I'm trying to do is overclock my Intel i5 3570k to 4.0ghz on my asrock z77 extreme 6 motherboard with a corsair hydro h55 water cooler. As fare as overclock gose all I can get up to is 3.5ghz with a temp of 81 and I feel with the water cooler I have is should be able to get higher numbers before it reaches 81 for the temp. My voltage for vcore is +5 and I have my turbo boost set at +4 with all power saving options turn off in my bios.

Nov 21, 2015

I understand that, but what units are you referring to with +5 and +4? Vcore is adjusted in 0.025V if you're conservative, so I have no idea what unit you are referring to.

shadowm891

Honorable
Aug 18, 2013
i hope this helps i figure i take screen shots of everything

http://s103.photobucket.com/user/shadowm891/slideshow/

Nov 21, 2015

Okay, reset everything back to default because I have no idea what you've done. I'm not sure what those +#'s refer to and I have not seen that before...but those are definitely not the options you want to be changing for OCing. Not trying to be a dick, but did you look at the manual at all? It will have sectioning specifically on overclocking.

The voltage you need to be changing is under "Voltage Configuration"
- change where it says CPU Voltage from "Offset mode" to Manual or try typing in a number...try 1.30 (1.30V) for starters and then increase your CPU multiplier. Most people run it somewhere between 1.35 and 1.40V with their OC's but each chip is a bit different.
- I've seen people with 4.6 ghz OC's with this chip at CPU voltages around 1.4...shoot for that, but don't expect it, just monitor the temp, that's the most important part....but you do have a good cooler, so you should be able to get some decent overclocking done.

Also turn disable "Intel Turbo Boost Technology"

Keep running stress tests using Aida64 (free program), monitoring the CPU temps and increasing the CPU multiplier and CPU voltage as needed. Try to keep your temps around 60ish C max while stressing.

Do NOT use Prime95. You need a specific version for Haswell (your type of CPU) and Aida64 is just as good if not better. You can also run Intel Burn Test (free as well). Do 10 runs at Very High and see how thing fare.

Let me know how things are going and I'll be checking back if you need additional help.

Thank you by the way for uploading those screenshots, that actually helps me out a ton! Every BIOS layout is a little different and some are strangely worded

shadowm891

Honorable
Aug 18, 2013
Well I went ahead and stress test with fpc and I can not get a good enough temperature at 4.0ghz even at 1.025 volts. The temperature sticks around in the mid to high 70's. But if I stress test with just the option cpu the temperature stays at about 67 with 1.025 volts

Nov 21, 2015

FPU stresses the CPU much more so both loadwise and thermal wise...I don't find it to be that realistic, but I'd just run the CPU stress test for now, especially when you are just starting off to figure out your optimal OC settings.

You can fine tune later down the road.