Triple Monitors not working

Bleubird

Honorable
Nov 7, 2013
I bought 2 new monitors over black friday, and had to wait all weekend for my mini display port to hdmi to get in. The two new monitors can use HDMI, DVI, and VGA. My old monitor uses only DVI and VGA. They're all 1080p if that changes anything. So I get my cable in, and I hook up all 3 monitors and only 2 of them turn on. I have my old one in the center with DVI. The left one hooked up with HDMI to HDMI, and the right one hooked up with mini display port to HDMI. The left and center monitors work, but the right one doesn't. I can unplug the left one, HDMI, and the right one activates, but as soon as I plug the right one back in, it turns off. Can someone explain?

Bleubird

Honorable
Nov 7, 2013

I'm using an HIS ICEQ HD7850. The box says it supports up to 4 monitors

Bleubird

Honorable
Nov 7, 2013

I'll just drive down to the local radio shack. They should have them right? Probably at a higher price, but i'm fed up with this

bignastyid

Titan

Just make sure its an active adapter.

Bleubird

Honorable
Nov 7, 2013

Alright, thanks for the help

bignastyid

Titan
"OH MY GOD this is killing me
I just wasted a bunch of gas trying to find a radioshack. The first place I went didn't exist anymore so I had to drive back the other way. I ended up buying this, getting home a while later and it STILL DOESN'T WORK!!! https://www.radioshack.com/products/gigaware-mini-displ..."

That sucks but the bad news is that's not an active adapter and it's for a Mac. And wow it was overpriced, hope you kept the reciept.