How to use multiquote?

Commander Matt

Reputable
Nov 3, 2014
I can't figure out how to use multiquote. :??:

I'm wanting to quote multiple people so the individual quotes show up in the reply poster so I can reply to multiple people at once. Though, I'm not sure how to use the multiquote. Right now I have to reply to one person, then click "reply to anotherperson," copy the quote, then edit the first reply.

How do I use the multiquote feature?

Solution
sorry, the multiquote feature is currently broken. do not know when it will be up and running again.

a workaround to get it looking right would be to use the quote function to get the text then just copy paste into notepad until you get all replies and paste it all back in.. this would give you the replies and names attached. its more work than its worth though.

you could continue to just use individual posts for each person although honestly most of the time quoting lots of text just makes it harder to read through a thread.

what i typically do in a thread is direct a question at a member by using something like the following....

@commander matt
some descriptive text here, relating to the problem they had.

@other user
some comment...
sorry, the multiquote feature is currently broken. do not know when it will be up and running again.

a workaround to get it looking right would be to use the quote function to get the text then just copy paste into notepad until you get all replies and paste it all back in.. this would give you the replies and names attached. its more work than its worth though.

you could continue to just use individual posts for each person although honestly most of the time quoting lots of text just makes it harder to read through a thread.

what i typically do in a thread is direct a question at a member by using something like the following....

@commander matt
some descriptive text here, relating to the problem they had.

@other user
some comment to a second user in the thread.

either that or i copy a portion of their text and use a format like this inside the quote code if there is a specific portion i want to comment on.

@commander matt
I'm wanting to quote multiple people so the individual quotes show up in the reply poster so I can reply to multiple people at once.

my suggestion text here...

at times i've even been known to just copypaste the entire post in and just make comments below key points in bold, generally when i do pc component selections when they provided a pcpartspicker build since its easier to comment that way.

sorry for the inconvenience.

Solution