Windows 10 start menu not working, edge and store icons not visible.

Moffinz

Reputable
Oct 29, 2014
Hello! I hope someone can help me with this cause it's getting a bit frustrating. I have never had this problem before after updating to windows 10. I powered on my PC today and noticed that the Microsoft Edge and Windows Store icons on the taskbar were replaced with invisible icons. If I clik the store icon it only says that this app can't open. Microsoft Edge however do open in the background of all other programs, so I have to cycle through what I have open to find it. The biggest problem I have however is that the start menu does not open up anymore. The search function work occasionally, but the start menu wont work at all. I have no idea what to do here. Has anyone had this problem before?

EDIT: I've tried using the cmd (admin) command sfc /scannow, but it doesn't help anything. Still exactly the same. Do I have to do a clean windows install or something?

Thanks for any help.
-Moffinz

Lutfij

Titan
What you've explained is an indication that there has been some corruption within your Windows files. Try and follow the procedures on this thread and see if it resolves some of your issues. You can alse read through this thread and see if it helps you out.

The most common solution most have undertaken is to go for a clean install instead of an upgrade path.

Mind you, you'd be best served by shooting us your full systems specs. In case there are any BIOS and driver updates you're unaware of.

Moffinz

Reputable
Oct 29, 2014

Can't say I've had this problem yet. I did fix the problem I had though by doing a clean install of the OS. I've not had any other issues so far after the reinstall!