Samsung Galaxy Note 5 Thoughts???

T2

Reputable
Apr 17, 2014
I was thinking about buying the note 5 as i want a phone with a large screen and a good camera.
Any cons I need to watch out for? Anyone who currently is using the phone?
Please share your thoughts

Titillating

Expert
Ambassador
Not really many cons. There are the usual complaints about it not having a removable battery and no SD card support, but those are honestly non-factors for the vast majority of people. Battery itself will last you a full day of moderate usage (at least it does for me). Camera is fantastic, on-par with competitors, and let's face it, if you're looking for professional quality, you wouldn't be using a phone for that anyway.

There are some moments where it can slow down a bit and become a little unresponsive, but those are few and far in between and will depend on how much background stuff you've loaded onto it. You can damage the phone if you insert the pen in backwards, but it doesn't exactly take much thought or effort to remember to insert it tip first.

My only major complaint is the lack of an IR blaster. Not exactly a must-have feature for most people, but it is something that has been present on Galaxy phones right up until the Note 5 so it's an annoyance if you've gotten used to having it. Other than that, my personal opinion is that you can't really go wrong with the Note 5.