Digital Output Sound problem

Dylan975

Reputable
Dec 2, 2015
The problem I am facing is that my audio directly goes to my Realtek digital output instead of my USB headphones. When I open the volume mixer the headphones show the application that is playing sound but digital output also shows the program but displays the green bar signifying that sound is playing. I have tired setting the headphones as the default audio output device and reinstalling my realtek drivers. Nothing has worked. How do I get the audio to play to the headphones?

Please help!!!

Solution
Hi,

Do try these troubleshooting steps that may do the trick.
- Go to Device Manager and uninstall the sound card driver.
- Reboot your PC once uninstalled and that should reinstall the driver automatically and if doesn't download and install the latest driver there is.
- Also if your headphone came in with a CD Driver, uninstall the old driver you've installed and install the driver once again.
- Reboot your PC for all the changes to take effect.
- After the reboot open Playback Devices again and make sure to set your USB Headset as the default sound device.
Hi,

Do try these troubleshooting steps that may do the trick.
- Go to Device Manager and uninstall the sound card driver.
- Reboot your PC once uninstalled and that should reinstall the driver automatically and if doesn't download and install the latest driver there is.
- Also if your headphone came in with a CD Driver, uninstall the old driver you've installed and install the driver once again.
- Reboot your PC for all the changes to take effect.
- After the reboot open Playback Devices again and make sure to set your USB Headset as the default sound device.

Solution