Dust accumulating INSIDE laptop screen. Is this a manufacturing defect? Am I doing something wrong?

Lumia925

Reputable
Oct 16, 2014
It's a 5 month old Envy notebook (15.7 inch display, FHD touch screen).

Dust is gathering up inside the screen. It is visible when the notebook is turned off and i shine a bright light at an angle on the display. It's actually INSIDE the display- looks like there's a small gap between the actual display unit and the glass cover on top of it, and dust is somehow finding it's way into this gap.
I can ask HP to send me a tech and clean it up for me (got warranty, with accidental damage cover), but m wondering, how did this happen in the first place?

My previous notebook did not have this problem, but then again, it wasn't a touch screen, and it did not have the glossy glass cover on top of the actual display (pressing on the display of the old laptop would cause colored sprites to show up, but on the problem notebook, this is not the case- there's a hard glass cover on top of the screen, and i cannot press on the actual display from outside, hence no discoloration if i press. Dust is accumulating between this glass cover, and the actual display)

Short of using it in a dust-proof cleanroom like they show in those Intel TV advertisements, I don't know what else I can do to avoid this dust buildup. And using it such a cleanroom is of course impossible.
I use it at my home, don't take it out on dusty streets or anything, and when not in use, i always store it in the backpack that came with it. And my room is fairly clean!!