Excess super glue cleanup on mouse.

xodinexox

Reputable
Nov 27, 2015
This summer my mouse button cracked and it fell off. The next day i thought it would be a good idea to super glue it up. It worked. But I couldn't clean up the excess super glue in time and it hardened. I thought it wouldn't bother. But now the super glue is getting a bit annoying while i play CS:GO. Here is a picture www.imgur.com/zO0nzHM . The day that happened was on July. Today is December. I've tried nail polish remover. It didn't work. So can you guys give me some tips on how can i clean that off?
Thank you.

Acetone will likely wreck the paint on the mouse itself, recommend not doing it unless sandpaper doesn't work.

xodinexox

Reputable
Nov 27, 2015
Yeah, i tried acetone 2hours ago. The whole cotton ball was black because of the black plastic. Sooo.
I might try sandpaper, but wouldn't that scrape off the plastic and make it not smooth as it used to be?

Depends on what grit paper you use.
When I built my desk you have to sand the lacquer on it between coats, and again at the end. Obviously something like 120 grit would leave the surface rough. I started with 200 and ended up at 1200 grit paper.

agreed, acetone would be bad. it will remove glue but also make plastic soft.

if its just a very slight lip edge at the crack you might be able to scrape some of it off with a razer blade.

otherwise, sanding it off is likely the best way. if you keep reducing the grit you could end up with a very smooth finish. as for the paint finish... not much you can do about that except repainting it.