Need help with dual monitors

NotsogoodwithPCs

Distinguished
Aug 13, 2015
I have a Asus Vg248QE and a standard 60 hz Acer.

I was trying to run dual monitors yesterday when my main displayed monitor crashed during gaming. I'm just trying to use the second screen as a stream screen, not necessarily stretch it out.

I have a Nvidia 750 ti 2gb. Anyone know why the issue may be?

When you say your "monitor crashed" - what do you mean by that? The driver crashed? The game? Did you get an error message?

If it's just the driver/game crashing I'm not sure the issue has anything to do with the second screen - heaps of people do what you're doing (myself included) and it should have minimal impact on performance and no impact on stability.

So in that case do the usual checks when your game/driver crashes: wind back any overclocking you've done, check temps, check for new drivers, etc.

NotsogoodwithPCs

Distinguished
Aug 13, 2015
@rhysiam

see that's the thing, this problem never occurred prior to the dual monitors.

I never crash or have over heating issues, especially considering this time of you. Well the game crashed like the screen got stuck while my other monitor was still responsive. And my drivers for my video card all updated too.

With dual monitors, you are working the GPU "double time".... This could be part of the problem. You need to document what exactly was being run/displayed on the monitors when the lockup happens - it could be competing programs (i.e. Flash and a Game), or it could be another program.

NotsogoodwithPCs

Distinguished
Aug 13, 2015

I was running Counterstrike on my main displayed screen and the second screen was simply my monitor prior to the game just freezing and being unable to do anything.

I've never once had an issue with this card so I know it has to be because of the duals.

NotsogoodwithPCs

Distinguished
Aug 13, 2015

see that's the thing, this problem never occurred prior to the dual monitors.

I never crash or have over heating issues, especially considering this time of year. My temps are always low because I have good ventilation in my case. Well the game crashed like the screen got stuck while my other monitor was still responsive. And my drivers for my video card all updated too.

Dual monitors are giving you two desktop displays. One is displaying a game, with different video parameters as compared to the "desktop" on the 2nd monitor. That combination may be the problem....

This is from Counter Strike's website: https://www.reddit.com/r/GlobalOffensive/comments/2h7ad4/csgo_dual_monitors_issue_do_not_upvote/

Seems the issue may not be the game being "non-responsive", but the mouse is "stuck" on the desktop, and focus is lost on the game.

NotsogoodwithPCs

Distinguished
Aug 13, 2015

But my screen where I was playing Counterstrike froze while my other one was responsive after it had frozen. I couldn't even alt tab out of it. (First screen where counterstrike was on)