Can I use either an Xbox One or a PS4 with my HP LP3065?

Jenner123

Reputable
Dec 3, 2015
Can I use either an Xbox One or a PS4 with my HP LP3065? From what I've seen online, the display does not have a built in resolution scaler. What this means is that the native resolution of the monitor (2560x1600) is the only input resolution that it will accept from a non-scaled source (an xbox outputting at a lower resolution).

A similar question was posted here, but never completely answered:
http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/103442-13-connect-xbox-lp3065-monitor

I am willing to install something between the One or PS4 and my monitor if is possible. I just don't want to buy one and discover that I also need a new monitor.

Solution
To be honest, any solution that involves buying intermediary hardware to compensate for an old doubler scaler probably isn't worth it. Like the last reply in the link you posted stated, it may be possible to output using a 1280x800 single link HDMI-DVI converter but then you are scaling a 1080p signal down and through a converter and finally into a monitor. Not even sure if it would even work. But I think it is probably safe to say that the end result won't look very good.

Do you already have an Xbox One or PS4? Do you have a TV to use?

You can get a Samsung 32" 1080p Smart LED TV and a 500GB Xbox One GoW Bundle for $568 on Amazon.

spagalicious

Distinguished
To be honest, any solution that involves buying intermediary hardware to compensate for an old doubler scaler probably isn't worth it. Like the last reply in the link you posted stated, it may be possible to output using a 1280x800 single link HDMI-DVI converter but then you are scaling a 1080p signal down and through a converter and finally into a monitor. Not even sure if it would even work. But I think it is probably safe to say that the end result won't look very good.

Do you already have an Xbox One or PS4? Do you have a TV to use?

You can get a Samsung 32" 1080p Smart LED TV and a 500GB Xbox One GoW Bundle for $568 on Amazon.

Solution

Jenner123

Reputable
Dec 3, 2015

Hey,

Thank you for the reply. I don't currently own either system, but I do own the monitor. It seems rediculous to buy a tv when I already have a high quality screen. Is there anything I can do to not have to buy an additional screen? I may just go with a nicer gaming PC if I would have to buy a new tv.