How to erase windows 10 off of boot USB drive

Status
Not open for further replies.

garrettk4

Honorable
May 31, 2012
Ok so I used the media creation tool to put win 10 on my flash drive. It didn't finish and said there was an error. Now I want to know how to get my flash drive back to normal. I've tried formatting, deleting it won't let me use the drive again. Its a 64gb drive so I need it bad...

Solution
Windows can only read one partition in USB flash drives.. to format the undetected partition, you have to delete the detected partition so the whole 64GB are joined. You could also try a third party Partition Manager which have more functions than the Windows disk manager and the inaccessible partition may be more accessible.

If the undetected partition has a file system, it should be detected after deleting the detected one, then extend the remaining partition to cover the whole 64GB.

garrettk4

Honorable
May 31, 2012
Ok so I'm in disk management. It shows my 64gb flash drive as two partitions. 32gb is usable but the other 26 I cannot format shrink, extend, nothing I cant do crap with it. I need those 26gbs.

garrettk4

Honorable
May 31, 2012
2nu2a2d.png

your msaking things too difficult ffor yourself. just go into "my computer" or if on windows 8 and up its called "this PC" once in there right click on the USB drive and then left click format. when it comes up just make sure its set to FAT32, make sure quick format is checked off and click start.

Windows can only read one partition in USB flash drives.. to format the undetected partition, you have to delete the detected partition so the whole 64GB are joined. You could also try a third party Partition Manager which have more functions than the Windows disk manager and the inaccessible partition may be more accessible.

If the undetected partition has a file system, it should be detected after deleting the detected one, then extend the remaining partition to cover the whole 64GB.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.