Revert my microsft account login to local login

jonathan1683

Distinguished
Jul 15, 2009
Hello,

When I installed windows 10 I created a local account named Jonathan. I was trying to setup family safety on it and it requested I login with my email and for some reason windows decided to convert my local account to a online Microsoft account. Probably so it can spy on me. Anyways I dont want to use that account and family safety now makes children login with an email to use it rofl. So I am not using that either. The problem is that even though it allows you to change your account to a local account it says that "my name is already in use" so it's essentially using my old local account but attached itself like a virus where I can't remove this online live login. How can I disconnect this?

Thank you!

Just go to settings->accounts, and then "sign in with a local account instead"

And no, Windows 10 doesn't spy on you, the administrator for your account does. If your account is registered as a child account, your parent accounts can indeed spy on you if that's what they set on the microsoft website. And the administrator has all the right to do so.

If that doesn't work, you can always just create a new account and copy over any files you need.

Did you remember to scroll down (in the same page) after logging in as a local account and then removing the email association? ("accounts used by other apps")