Monitor questions and triple stand recommendations

moonfooy

Honorable
Dec 24, 2013
I have a ASUS VG248QE monitor and a ASUS VE247H. I am also getting the same monitor as the second one for my triple monitor setup

First question- Will these monitors be compatible for a triple monitor stand, as in, can i attach these to a separate stand?

Second Question- I would need a hdmi splitter because i only have one on my card, so which type of splitter would be the best to get and would using a splitter effect the quality of the monitors?

Solution
First, both monitors you have use the VESA 100x100mm specification (Source: www.asus.com). Therefore any triple monitor stand that supports the VESA 100x100mm specification will work fine with your monitors.

The issue however, is that an HDMI splitter won't give you triple monitors. It will give you three monitors, all displaying the same thing. To properly answer how you can get this working, I need more information. What graphics card/motherboard are you using? What's your computer specification?

Those monitors all support HDMI, D-SUB (for the VGA standard) and DVI-D, so a solution should be possible, even if it's that one monitor uses VGA, one uses HDMI and the other uses DVI-D. But an HDMI splitter is not the solution.

PasorRijer

Reputable
Nov 20, 2015
First, both monitors you have use the VESA 100x100mm specification (Source: www.asus.com). Therefore any triple monitor stand that supports the VESA 100x100mm specification will work fine with your monitors.

The issue however, is that an HDMI splitter won't give you triple monitors. It will give you three monitors, all displaying the same thing. To properly answer how you can get this working, I need more information. What graphics card/motherboard are you using? What's your computer specification?

Those monitors all support HDMI, D-SUB (for the VGA standard) and DVI-D, so a solution should be possible, even if it's that one monitor uses VGA, one uses HDMI and the other uses DVI-D. But an HDMI splitter is not the solution.

Solution

moonfooy

Honorable
Dec 24, 2013

Thanks! totally forgot about Vga connection ( i dont know how) but yes i can do that with my motherboard, and as for the stand the one i was looking at supports what you had said. Thanksfor the help.