Windows 10 dosnt detect any networking hardware

KARKAT_VANTAS34

Reputable
Dec 4, 2015
I just recently finished building my new computer and I have an ethernet cable plugged into the mobo. Windows is telling me it dosnt detect any networking hardware. Full parts list:
Asus Z170-A motherboard
Intel core I 6700k
Gigabyte 980ti g1 gaming
16GB (4×4) ddr4 ripjaws ram
Corsair h100igtx
Corsair RM 750W
Help?

Solution
Hello KARKAT_VANTAS34

Looks like either the Ethernet card is faulty, or its correct driver is missing. Can you please confirm if it is a desktop computer or a laptop?

Assuming that it is a laptop and the Ethernet card driver is missing, you can try the following:

To confirm if the NIC driver is missing:

> Right-click the Start button.

> Click Computer Management from the context menu.

> From the left pane of the Computer Management snap-in, click to select Device Manager.

> From the right pane, expand the Network adapters tree.

> Check if your Ethernet card is present with an exclamation mark within a yellow triangle. If it is present, Windows 10 can detect the card and needs its driver. If nothing...
Hello KARKAT_VANTAS34

Looks like either the Ethernet card is faulty, or its correct driver is missing. Can you please confirm if it is a desktop computer or a laptop?

Assuming that it is a laptop and the Ethernet card driver is missing, you can try the following:

To confirm if the NIC driver is missing:

> Right-click the Start button.

> Click Computer Management from the context menu.

> From the left pane of the Computer Management snap-in, click to select Device Manager.

> From the right pane, expand the Network adapters tree.

> Check if your Ethernet card is present with an exclamation mark within a yellow triangle. If it is present, Windows 10 can detect the card and needs its driver. If nothing is displayed under the Network adapters tree, you can right-click it and click Scan for hardware changes to see if Windows can detect the card this time.

> In case the Ethernet card is still not visible, it may be faulty and since you have built your PC recently, you can claim its warranty.

To detect the correct driver in case the Ethernet card is present:

> Press Windows + R keys.

> Type MSINFO32 in the Run command box and press Enter.

> From the left pane of the System Information box, expand the Components tree.

> Click to select Problem Devices.

> From the right pane, note down the displayed device ID and search for its driver online.

> Download and install the driver to bring your Ethernet card to life.

Hope this helps. :)

Solution