Monitor seems a bit off colour.

Skip2Th3End

Reputable
Sep 7, 2014
So I have two BENQ2455 monitors and after dragging a window with a white background between them I noticed that my main monitor looks slightly yellower I think I would call it, than my other monitor, which is very white(how it should look). I have looked through all settings on the monitor its self with no luck.

Solution
Hello,

The screenshot can't show us what you see, it'll always be perfect compared to a real photo. I'm going to have to agree with psoohoo, definitely sounds like you're currently using two different panels. Contact BenQ, and tell them that it's not acceptable. People aren't saying no, which is why they're doing it. In the TV market it's even worse, there are mid end to high end models that are using panels that shouldn't be nearly as expensive. They get away with it all the time, because they don't tell anyone what they've done. Just something small such as changing the version #, while the model # remains the same.

This won't work. I've looked...
Hello,

Use the Cinema/Theater/Movie picture preset on both monitors, they need to be identical. At most, they'll be about 10% off, but shouldn't be nearly as bad. If they still are, you're probably a victim of panel outsourcing. This means that companies are using panels that likely, in most cases don't even meet their own quality standard.

In most cases however, when people have posted pictures of their two monitors. I found that majority of cases both monitors are displaying inaccurate colors, what they think is white is infact slightly blue, or magenta, or even green tint. However, the picture preset should do the trick.

All the best!

psoohoo

Honorable
Jul 30, 2014
yes they look different.
are they they same age? i assume you tried to factory reset on the monitor control panel.
its possible they sourced the panels from different vendors.

if you still need them to be identical, then you may want try using a calibrator.

Hello,

The screenshot can't show us what you see, it'll always be perfect compared to a real photo. I'm going to have to agree with psoohoo, definitely sounds like you're currently using two different panels. Contact BenQ, and tell them that it's not acceptable. People aren't saying no, which is why they're doing it. In the TV market it's even worse, there are mid end to high end models that are using panels that shouldn't be nearly as expensive. They get away with it all the time, because they don't tell anyone what they've done. Just something small such as changing the version #, while the model # remains the same.

This won't work. I've looked at countless panels, including all "Samsung" high end TV's which are using Sharp panels also. The picture quality is different, can't match them. Monitors are no different. If OP bought them at the same time, chances would be extremely high they are outsourced, but also a higher chance they would match eachother.

OP,
Hopefully you get this sorted out,

All the best!

Solution

TRENDING THREADS