How to Edit My Computer Setup, Signature, etc. On This Website

A Random Shrub

Reputable
Nov 27, 2015
In the "My Personal Info" tab of my profile, I see that there is a section to add a computer setup, signature, and personal quote. How do I add this information? I can't find an edit button for it. I saw another forum post of the same question suggested while typing the title, but it disappeared when I tried to click it. I searched it, and retyped my thread title, but I couldn't find it again. I don't have my age, postal code, or city in my profile. Does it want that?

zerogravityx

Honorable
Feb 28, 2016
I wish this wasn't a thing.. lol.. This is my third post.. It seems it would be helpful for people to know what your system spec was when you're requesting assistance.. I assume most people make their first post here looking for help...?

So post it in the actual post.

Honestly, I don't think the system spec box is particularly useful. It's hidden by default, most people don't fill it in, and even if it's filled in you don't know whether it's the same system that particular thread is about - have they updated their system since this thread was made? Do they have two PCs?

pohemi

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2013
Running into an issue where the "Edit" button doesn't actually allow me to change any of the info included in my signature and/or system build, the only change I can make is whether to show my signature by default or not. Any ideas?

pohemi

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2013
I guess since I was allowed to put sometrhing in there previously, I figured I had the reqs to change it. I guess not, or perhaps the settings changed at some point in the past? idk...I've got more than the 10 required posts and I still can't change that info...it's showing a build I had when I first opened this account years ago...

tail_gunner

Prominent
Nov 21, 2017

Thanks for posting this... long ago as it was I found it quickly. I would like to point out that in the "Welcome" email I received this line caught my attention:

>> • Your Profile is Naked! Dress up your profile by adding an avatar, share your computer setup, and customize your profile preferences here. <<

Leading to think something was wrong somewhere when I tried to add the information for my system and my signature. I can't stand being naked in a new place!

Thanks again...

Now, post one is out of the way!

-= Gunner =-
-= St. Johns, FL =-

G

I also thought something was wrong with my setup. You should post that info on the profile page so everyone doesn't go crazy looking for a way to fill in the information without having to search for this thread.