PC Component Price Drop?

Dec 5, 2015
Hey guys,
So I heard there are going to new GPUs (Nvidia Pascal Line - 1000 series and AMD 4xx series) and CPUs (Cannonlake and Zen Core) being manufactured in the next 3 years which leaves me with one question, what will happen to the prices of components NOW? (late 2015 ~ early 2016). Will they drop? And if they do, by how much? I know you guys won't know exactly what's going to happen but if anyone has a somewhat good idea on what's going on please respond. Thanks!! :)

Solution
Pretty much.

Waiting 1-3 years is completely overkill; sometimes people wait 1-3 months if there's something really groundbreaking expected.

Most parts currently on sale won't be available in 2-3 years.
There's always new components coming in the next three years. Most product lines are refreshed (even if just a rebrand) about every year to 18 months.

Unless something's arriving in the next month, just get whatever is available now. Hell, skylake's here and we're mostly telling people to buy Haswell because skylake is priced ridiculously for negligible performance gain. Haswell hasn't gotten any cheaper, but it's still the best value.

Nov 22, 2015

So basically what you're saying is that it's not exactly worth waiting for components in the future? We should just stick with what's available now? Cause if that's the case, then I have a pretty beast rig I'm dying to build but I was unsure as to whether or not to wait 1-3 years for better parts.