Windows 10 Home 64bit Updating Trouble 0xc000000f

Sanjo Natern

Honorable
May 2, 2013
Upon doing a fresh installation of Windows 10 Home 64bit, I go into "settings" to start the updates going. As of right now there is a newer version of Windows 10 (1151) that you are updated to. Once the computer restarts to start the installation and update to the newest version of Windows 10 I receive a blue screen with the following message:

RECOVERY

Your PC/Device needs to be repaired.

A required device isn't connected or can't be accessed.

Error code: 0xc000000f

The computer specs are:
Asus U46E
i7, 8GB Ram, 750GB non ssd drive

This problem only occurs when performing this update. Any ideas or solutions? Anyone else in the field run into this problem yet?

Solution
You're product doesn't seem to show support for Windows 10 though lets just account that you have updated your BIOS and the necessary drivers from your products driver download page. If you haven't then do so now.

1| Try sfc / scannow
2| Try repair install

3| I just took notice of your drivers on the download page, do you own an Nvidia GPU on your Asus U46E? If so then download driver version 359.06 from here.
4| are there any anti virus's on your system, might be worth it to uninstall them prior to running update services.

Just out of curiosity how many times have you tried downloading that update? It may also be a corrupt installer file. According to this article, it's...

Lutfij

Titan
You're product doesn't seem to show support for Windows 10 though lets just account that you have updated your BIOS and the necessary drivers from your products driver download page. If you haven't then do so now.

1| Try sfc / scannow
2| Try repair install

3| I just took notice of your drivers on the download page, do you own an Nvidia GPU on your Asus U46E? If so then download driver version 359.06 from here.
4| are there any anti virus's on your system, might be worth it to uninstall them prior to running update services.

Just out of curiosity how many times have you tried downloading that update? It may also be a corrupt installer file. According to this article, it's been pulled off by Microsoft. You can try to manually download the update. Follow the suggestions made in this article.

Solution