Use gpu as primary, but use motherboards vga port for display.

Jeevanth

Reputable
Nov 12, 2015
Hello!
I have a radeon hd 7750. And my motherboard has integrated graphics. My monitor is a bit old and it has only a vga slot. My question is, Can i use my motherboard's VGA for display and also use the hd 7750 for gaming?? I also borrowed a converter from my friend and tried connecting with the gpu's hdmi port, but it didn't work. I need some help please!! I wanna know how to use the motherboard's integrated for display and my dedicated gpu for gaming. Thanks!

Solution
Hi

I can not see any point in having Integrated and PCI-e graphics both working unless you have two screens and PCI-e (HD 7750) graphics only supports one screen

It would help if you had a LCD screen with more than one input option and could switch to the active signal or 2 LCD screens while testing.

Often the BIOS has a option to select active screen at power on. (Integrated or PCI-e)
read the motherboard user guide on how this works.

regards
Mike Barnes

Jeevanth

Reputable
Nov 12, 2015

Amd fx 6300, I am trying to use my motherboard's integrated graphics to connect to my monitor, at the same time to use my dedicated gpu (HD 7750) For gaming. Right now by default my system is using the integrated graphics as primary and not at all using my Radeon HD 7750.( My monitor is connected to my motherboard's VGA right now)

Hi

I can not see any point in having Integrated and PCI-e graphics both working unless you have two screens and PCI-e (HD 7750) graphics only supports one screen

It would help if you had a LCD screen with more than one input option and could switch to the active signal or 2 LCD screens while testing.

Often the BIOS has a option to select active screen at power on. (Integrated or PCI-e)
read the motherboard user guide on how this works.

regards
Mike Barnes

Solution