Best time of December to buy pc parts? Roughly

Amusingg

Reputable
Dec 6, 2015
Hi i know its been asked alot, and not to wait always buy it now etc

But i plan to upgrade yearly, and its December month which people generally say is maybe abit better time of the year to buy

On average for online would it be better to buy leading up to Christmas as people are buying Christmas presents etc, or the Boxing day +week say the 26th/27th+ ?

Rocket_Jas

Reputable
Dec 3, 2015
Firstly you should not get a new pc every year it should be every 18 months as that is the period that new generation cpu and gpus come out and you can still get a good price for your old pc
On to your actual question
Computer components never really go down in price but when the do go down i price it is by around 5-10% and they are
You have misses black friday and cyber monday.
Your next best bet would be just after christmas and during and after new year

Negativelead

Reputable
Dec 5, 2014
Supply and demand!

I don't know it to be true for a fact, but I would bet since this is the time of year all the consumer are looking for gift option and buying that prices would go up. If anything, it may be a better time a year to sell your old PC Parts;

Then again, I'm trying to sell my GPU (280X) but ebay is flooded with them right now b/c everyone just upgraded on cyber Monday and is trying to cash in their old one.

Amusingg

Reputable
Dec 6, 2015
I just mean online retailers like amazon etc not physical stores or anything, is there a general time of year things are like 15% cheaper cause 15% of 800 or whatever is worth just choosing that month of the year to upgrade instead

Negativelead

Reputable
Dec 5, 2014

Amusingg

Reputable
Dec 6, 2015
where did yoy buy it please?

ive seen lots of threads saying black friday is useless for hardware, that its just total luck your piece may be on it or it may not be, that the December christmas period is a little more secure and gaurinteed to be a little cheaper? i just didnt know before christmas or after it say the 27th-5th Jan

Negativelead

Reputable
Dec 5, 2014

I'm sorry I didn't clearly translate what I was trying to say Amusingg. I bought the card on new egg for 359$. After Cyber Monday it went back up to 450$ The link I posted is were I bought the card from. But the in reality that weekend after thanksgiving is when you want to shop. If you plan and save up your money you can get the parts your looking for and maybe save up 200$.

The PC (gaming) industry utilizes the Black Friday-Cyber Monday concept just as much as any other industry. The reason being is that buying one thing typically leads to shopping of another later down the raod when prices are normal again. So New egg has no problem selling you a GPU with a next to nothing profit margin because you'll probably get it and find out you need a new PSU, or want to buy a couple games in a few days to try it.