Win10 Media Creation Tool hangs @ "Getting a few things ready"

Marshall160

Reputable
Oct 24, 2014
Trying to do a clean install of win10, just upgraded to it and confirmed that it is indeed activated.

Downloaded the media creation tool of the Microsoft site but whenever I try to create a bootable USB install it just hangs forever @ Getting a few things ready.

Turned off antivirus (Vipre) and let it run over night, nothings happening.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Solution
Are you sure you're running it in elevated command? i.e run as administrator

I think you might've followed through with this thread though that last post reminds me that if you were to attempt the creation of a bootable USB installer then its best you do it off a system that isn't Windows 10. As it is the OS has been faced with much criticism from the community so there is a high probability taht your OS may look stbale but may have unresolved issues.

Nevertheless try running sfc / scannow and then try a repair install on the system with which you're trying to perform the bootable USB installer creation and see if it sorts it out.

Might we know of your full systems specs?

Lutfij

Titan
Are you sure you're running it in elevated command? i.e run as administrator

I think you might've followed through with this thread though that last post reminds me that if you were to attempt the creation of a bootable USB installer then its best you do it off a system that isn't Windows 10. As it is the OS has been faced with much criticism from the community so there is a high probability taht your OS may look stbale but may have unresolved issues.

Nevertheless try running sfc / scannow and then try a repair install on the system with which you're trying to perform the bootable USB installer creation and see if it sorts it out.

Might we know of your full systems specs?

Solution