port 443, itunes is telling me to open this port. I have been unable to download my purchased itunes shows, since the last big

krnsrts2015

Reputable
Dec 6, 2015
While in itunes, I just started getting a pop up box tgelling me to open port 443. I have been unable to use itunes since the last big update a few months ago. Actually spent a couple of hours on the phone with Apple, and they were no help at all, and never mentioned port 443.

Solution
Port 443 is used for Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) or essentially, the "s" in HTTPS; the secure protocol for web surfing. If this port is closed on your firewall, then you (nor any application that typically uses it) cannot access any secured web site (store sites, logins, etc...).

This port is typically open by default, so if it's closed now, there's likely something else wrong with your system and I'd be running security scans (anti-mailware/spyware and anti-virus).

If your scans come back clean, access your firewall and make sure the port is open and available.

-Wolf sends

Wolfshadw

Titan
Port 443 is used for Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) or essentially, the "s" in HTTPS; the secure protocol for web surfing. If this port is closed on your firewall, then you (nor any application that typically uses it) cannot access any secured web site (store sites, logins, etc...).

This port is typically open by default, so if it's closed now, there's likely something else wrong with your system and I'd be running security scans (anti-mailware/spyware and anti-virus).

If your scans come back clean, access your firewall and make sure the port is open and available.

-Wolf sends

Solution

Mike_127

Reputable
Dec 9, 2015
From what I gather from multiple threads that I've read today, many people, including myself, are receiving this message. All threads about this were posted over the past few days. Seems that this is on Apple's end. I was going nuts trying to fix the issue!