Does using tv-monitor hurt my eyes?

Spiros Kele

Reputable
Feb 11, 2015
Hi buddies i have lg 23mt55d witch is actually a tv monitor but manufacter says it can be used also for pc. As i know its not a pc monitor so i want to ask if this tv monitor will harm my eyes. Does anybody have the same?

Solution
Won't hurt you one bit. It's just like any monitor with 1920x1080 resolution. At 23 inches it doesn't have the tightest DPI in the world, but it's only a few inches bigger than the 19" monitors I have. Just set it at a comfortable distance for the size of the font vs the size of the screen so you can see it easily without being to close.

If things look a bit small, just increase the font size a few points.
Hello... the pixel spacing is closer in a Monitor VS TV... and small TEXT is always harder to read when close to a TV screen... Yes monitors will have different effect on "EYE Strain" VS Time viewing... This is how you will know, after viewing for a few hours on one monitor VS another.

Rookie_MIB

Distinguished
Won't hurt you one bit. It's just like any monitor with 1920x1080 resolution. At 23 inches it doesn't have the tightest DPI in the world, but it's only a few inches bigger than the 19" monitors I have. Just set it at a comfortable distance for the size of the font vs the size of the screen so you can see it easily without being to close.

If things look a bit small, just increase the font size a few points.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS