Asus ROG G750JZ trying to start from cd-drive can't access BIOS HELP!!!

Teraparsec

Reputable
Dec 8, 2015
My Asus ROG G750JZ started having issues with it shutting down every 30 minutes.

On the dot every 30min it shut it self. Just like someone pulling the power cord with no battery on.
It is not overheating - 40-55c
The shutdown happens with all variables. Having a battery and no cord, batter and no cord. No battery and with cord.
I have scanned for viruses, installed all updates onto everything checked drivers and done stress and mem tests. The memory tests it failed with no error code.
I tried installing windows again with no effect.

There are random days when I start the laptop and it stays on for the day with no faults.
But when it shuts it self it does it every 30 min after starting it each time.

But the most recent incident and the biggest problem at my hands at the moment is that I can't seem to turn it on anymore. After I had certain individual tried looking at it through BIOS he did some switches here and there... the laptop wont start.
Well start properly. It appears that it's trying to start from the cd-drive. The screen stays black, lights flash and it makes this weird being stuck noise which comes from the cd-drive. It wont even allow me to open the drive with the designated button. I have to open it with a small sharp object in the emergency open slot. Only then the stuck noise stops and the laptop shuts and tries to restart again.

To the point I can't access BIOS. I do not have a cd which to start windows from and this seems to me like a dead end. At least for my abilities to try to work this problem out.
Is there anyone who can help with this problem?

Thank you.

Solution

Well..
I created the USB-stick windows with no effect.
I got a windows instal CD. No effect.
I took out the SSD and SSHD and attached them to my desktop and it seems to run just fine.
Now when I try to start up the G750JZ It makes the start noise. All lights turn on except the screen which stays black (no back light either). I tried attaching a desperate screen with no effect.
Then after 10-15 seconds the laptop just shuts itself.
I try again... laptop starts up same as before, screen is black.
It shuts off again in 10-20 seconds.
I try to turn it on yet again this time pressing constantly F2 same effect.
I try to turn it on yet one more time this time opening the optical drive. Same effects as before...

Lutfij

Titan
According to your products's support page you have a BIOS update version 210 available that was meant for the Nvidia GPU onboard. Have you followed through with this guide to entering BIOS?

Have you also tried removing the battery and the mains power chord for about 15 minutes and reconnected everything (in order to reset and) to get into BIOS? Did you update your Nvidia drivers to version 359.06 prior to when you were experiencing the random power outages on your laptop?

You can try recreating a USB installer via Microsoft's Media Creation Tool and see if that has any effect of triggering an installation process likewise you can try with a bootable USB installer of Windows 8 to see if that works out for you.

Teraparsec

Reputable
Dec 8, 2015
Thank you for your response.
I have tried entering the bios with F2. (It's the assigned button on my laptop) I also have tried removing the battery and the power chord. I'm pretty sure that I updated the Nvidia drivers. I usually update them as soon as they have a patch out.

I will try the USB installer and update on the situation.

Teraparsec

Reputable
Dec 8, 2015

Well..
I created the USB-stick windows with no effect.
I got a windows instal CD. No effect.
I took out the SSD and SSHD and attached them to my desktop and it seems to run just fine.
Now when I try to start up the G750JZ It makes the start noise. All lights turn on except the screen which stays black (no back light either). I tried attaching a desperate screen with no effect.
Then after 10-15 seconds the laptop just shuts itself.
I try again... laptop starts up same as before, screen is black.
It shuts off again in 10-20 seconds.
I try to turn it on yet again this time pressing constantly F2 same effect.
I try to turn it on yet one more time this time opening the optical drive. Same effects as before but the laptop does not shut it self. I wait couple of minutes nothing seems to happen and I force turn it off.

At this point everything is out of my knowledge and skills.

Solution