Hard drive space missing

sumnewbiexD

Reputable
Feb 4, 2015
Hi there, I have this problem that I've been ignoring and now it has gotten quite a bit bigger

I have a 240gb SSD with Windows 10 installed. After selecting all the programs to determine the amount of space it should take I only saw 82gb yet I only have 44gb of free space left. At first it was only missing about 20gb of space which I thought would be a system restore point however now I'm actually running out of storage.

Does anyone have any ideas as to what is taking up my hard drive space or how to determine it? Thanks

Hi there sumnewbiexD,

Have you deleted all the previous restore points? In case you haven't, you can do that. Also, you need to reduce the space allocated for that.
In case the issue persists, you may need to use some disk analyzing tool in order to see what is taking up the space.

Apart from that, I guess you can try the things described in this tutorial: http://www.howtogeek.com/125923/7-ways-to-free-up-hard-disk-space-on-windows/

Hope this will help,
D_Know_WD

sumnewbiexD

Reputable
Feb 4, 2015
I manage to find out what took up all the space, I used windirstat and saw that the biggest file in my drive is windows.esb, some file created from indexing. Went into indexing options and had it rebuild itself. Its really nice to get back that space. Thanks for the help guys :D