Fury X - can't get 4 simultaneous displays at once; when I plug in 4th, 2 and 3 turn off

shadowfax217

Reputable
Nov 21, 2014
Hello again everyone! I've been trying to connect my 4 displays to my pc and it simply won't work for me. I've been at this for about a month, been in contact with AMD until my ticket ran out but the problem is still there. I'll try to be as thorough as possible and list all the hardware I'm using. I have three monitors in a row and a fourth up top. The one up top is what I would like to be my primary, so it's hooked up in the Fury X's first slot, though the order doesn't matter, I've rearranged them in every way.

So the problem I'm having is when I have the triple monitors, everything is fine and working. Windows Display settings shows displays [2]-[1]-[3] and everything is all good. Then when I try to connect the fourth (top), displays 2 and 3 lose their signal and shut off, leaving only the top and middle monitor working.

It does this regardless of GPU slot arrangement, brand/length of cable, driver, Windows-defined primary arrangement, etc.

Details of monitor hardware/resolution/connections:

Top: Wasabi Mango UHD490 / 3840x2160 / Displayport
Left: LG 27MU67 / 3840x2160 / Displayport
Middle: BenQ XL2730Z / 2560x1440 / Displayport
Right: Asus VG278H / 1920x1080 / HDMI

It's worth noting that if I unplug the top monitor, I'm able to set up Eyefinity for the triples and then replug the top one and all 4 work but this is the ONLY way I can get all 4 to run.

I've tried this with 2 Fury X's so I know it isn't a fault in the GPU. I've run Catalysts 15.7 and the way up to current and including betas and Crimson with the same result.

Hopefully someone can help me troubleshoot this, I would love to finally have this up and working without having the get up and unplug a monitor every time I want to change arrangement for a game. I'm also having suspicions that the Wasabi Mango might be the culprit, as I've had 4 monitors working before (4th being a tv at the time)