windows 10: remove duplicate files - I am the administrator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pamir88

Reputable
Dec 9, 2015
My disk de-fragmentation can't be accomplished, with AVG PC TuneUp. I deleted some unnecessary files, but it just cycles through endlessly.

Solution

"DO NOT' use any program to delete duplicate files.

Most or all are "NOT" duplicates, they are copies installed in different parts of your system.

They are used for things like System Restore, Recovery, etc.

If you happen to find what you think is a duplicate file, check the entire name or string. They may look like a duplicate, but chances are that it is not.

I speak from experience, when computers were relatively new and disk space was at a premium, we would go through a system and delete unnecessary files by hand.

Then a program came out, EasyClean 2.0, one part of the program offered...

W Fallon

Reputable
Dec 4, 2015

"DO NOT' use any program to delete duplicate files.

Most or all are "NOT" duplicates, they are copies installed in different parts of your system.

They are used for things like System Restore, Recovery, etc.

If you happen to find what you think is a duplicate file, check the entire name or string. They may look like a duplicate, but chances are that it is not.

I speak from experience, when computers were relatively new and disk space was at a premium, we would go through a system and delete unnecessary files by hand.

Then a program came out, EasyClean 2.0, one part of the program offered to delete duplicate files.

Of course we jumped on it. After it finished, we had to reinstall the system.

Bill

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.