Self built Windows PC keeps waking up from sleep

SWulfe760

Reputable
Dec 9, 2015
Hello, I've actually had my computer for a while, but it seems to always randomly be woken up when I put it to sleep. I have read most posts out there that help with the problem, but for some reason the solutions do not work for me. I have disabled my keyboard and LAN from waking my computer, as well as the ethernet because I am connected to the internet through a Powerline ethernet adapter. I have looked in the command console to see what is waking my computer, and apparently it is the USB 2.0 jack at random times. However, I do not have any devices plugged in to my USB 2.0 and I can not disable it from waking my computer unless I try to disable it altogether. I have tried updating the USB 2.0 but for some reason it says that the update was not compatible or did not work with my computer; I am running Intel i5 with a 64 bit processor, and I originally bought the windows 8 OS disk. I've had this problem since before I upgraded my computer to Windows 10, but waking up around three days every week to a computer that has been running through the night probably puts a strain on my motherboard and processor, as well as my electricity bills. Any help or opinions are appreciated. Thanks!

SWulfe760

Reputable
Dec 9, 2015

I'm pretty sure I disabled them a while back. The thing is, my computer seems to wake up in no intervals at all. Sometimes when I wake up for school at six, the computer is on. Same thing for when I get home in the afternoon. However, some other times it's not on. I have a sleep timer set for my computer and it turn off after forty five minutes from inactivity, but when I check what wakes the computer it is usually the USB eXtensible driver in the middle of the night. Another problem is that sometimes when I try to put the computer to sleep, it wakes up maybe thirty seconds later and I would have to force shut down the computer by holding down the power button. This also happens sometimes when I try to shut down the computer through the start menu—It restarts the computer instead.