BSOD after new hardware

kheckler

Distinguished
Jul 26, 2011
I updraded my video and RAM yesterday. I used Display Driver Uninstaller in safe mode when swapping cards. I then used the amd auto detect to install drivers for my new Radeon R90 390. I have zero issues with playing games. Fallout 4 and Battlefront run at ultra settings wihtout artifacts or stuttering. The kicker is that within a few minutes of a web browser being open, either Kernel Security Check failure or Bad Pool Header BSOD occurs. The .dmp files point to storport.sys. I'm researching on my phone but not much to go on yet. I'll try to upload dump files but without a browser, it will be a challenge. I'll try safe mode shortly. Please let me know if anyone can shed some insight.

Memory Diagnostics passed without erorrs and all disc drives are healthy without errors.

kheckler

Distinguished
Jul 26, 2011
Hmm, I may have noticed the issue. I had recently changed the timings and speed of my memory because the BIOS wasn't set right. Before my upgrade, I had 2x4GB DDR3 2400 sticks. I added another 2x8GB of the same RAM to the system and they didn't inherit the changes made to the other two. I reset my BIOS so they all 4 have the same settings (even if dumbed down) and I seem to be stable. I suppose I'll need to look into bringing these back up to their intended timming and speed.

Please ignore the specs below. This was an old build and I need to update it.