Alienware M18x (R2) Operating System Not Found Error, Help Me!?

Aaron_Blake

Reputable
Dec 10, 2015
Okay, So I need some serious help from someone who is confident they know what they are talking about, hence why i chose to post specifically on these forums.

(I'm at work currently so if there is anything you need to know specifically I'll have to post as soon as I get home when i have access to my laptop) but figured I'd get the ball rolling on some answers/questions in the meantime...

I've got an Alienware M18x (R2) whether the specs matter or not i'll post them anyway just to give you guys the most information i can:

- 3rd Generation Intel® Core i7-3840QM Processor (8MB Cache, up to 3.8GHz w/ Turbo Boost 2.0)
- 24GB 1600MHZ DDR3 SDRAM (2 x 4GB + 2 x 8GB)
- 32GB mSATA MiniCard (Caching)
- 1TB 5400RPM Hard Drive
- NVIDIA SLI 2GB GDDR5 Nvidia GeForce GTX 675M
- Windows® 7 Professional 64bit --> Upgraded tro Windows 10 with the free upgrade

Basically it has been working fine every since i bought it (December 2012) I upgraded to windows 10 whenever that free upgrade came out and it's still been working fine since then... apart from an anoying native host has stopped working error that i couldnt get rid of but that wasnt doing any harm i figured...

so until just a few days ago i was leaving to go to work and i hard powered it off (held down the power button) - nothing was running or anything like that maybe except a webpage. The same night after returning from work i booted it and it is coming up with the error unable to find an operating system and tells me to press cntrl alt delete to restart and basically i get nowhere...

Ive tried following a few guides telling me to put windows 10 on a usb and try "resetting" while keeping my data which is an option they've given but it fails and says it cant be reset.

Bottom line is my whole life is on that laptop and i dont want to lose any data if possible, just wanted to see if anyone knows the cause, and how i can fix it without wiping anything...

thanks for anyone putting in the time to read and hopefully reply, thanks guys, means a lot.