Computer detects monitor connected via HDMI, but there is no signal and audio

Ronald Pabilonia

Reputable
Apr 2, 2014
Hello I am posting here to get help. I am pretty desperate now because I've been working on this for quite a while but to no avail. Here is my dilemma:

I assembled my rig with a Palit GeForce GTX 970 Jetstream 4GB, Corsair PSU 750w and a Benq RL2455HM 24" Monitor. I am having a problems with getting a display when I connect the HDMI cable from the computer to the monitor. The Nvidia control panel detects the HDMI, but it doesn't display any picture. The way I made it to display is to plug in the DVI and HDMI at the same time. It will be both detected, but when I unplug the DVI, the screen goes black and when I unplug the HDMI, nothing happens. I am not sure if this is an issue with the video card or not, I tried using the HDMI1 and HDMI2 ports of the monitor to plug in to the computer but to no avail. I also tried using the motherboard's HDMI port to connect it with the monitor but nothing happens. Also the sound indicator for the audio goes fluctuates when I play a video with sound for example, but there is not actual sound coming out of the monitor.

Screenshot:
http://imgur.com/N1tBnZn

I've tried everything except:
* RMA the card
* Try a DVI-HDMI cable