Monitor flashing white after opening pc from sleep mode

Daoudos

Honorable
May 15, 2013
Hello and thanks for reading this,
The following has occured me three times already. For some unexpected reason when I wake my pc from sleep mode the monitor starts flashing white , like it's being turned on and turned off in Mors code (best way to describe it) and in addition to that when it's white there are boxes spread all around (like big pixels) of different colours .
Also for some weird reason every time this occured, when I reseted my PC the folder of OneDrive just vanishes (not sure if that's a coincidence or not)
I try to understand what is causing the problem , since my PC is relatively new.
It could also be my monitor , it does rarely randomly shut off . .. .
Also when the monitor just flashes whites I can sometimes actually see my mouce !
Specs
Intel i5 - 4460
Gigabyte GTX 960 4GB mini-ITX
1 TB of seagate storage
(not sure if important but the harddrive is separated in two parts (C, D) , I use the one for Operating system only)
Any help would be much appreciated

Solution
Go into the windows power management and slowly start setting and testing each setting.
Switch any graphics or monitor related setting to performance or full power modes. Those seem like the most likely causes for your issues.
In my experience low power modes tend to have issues. If you will be away from your computer for a while I would just recommend that you shutdown. Especially if you can't find the setting that resolves the issue in windows power management.
Go into the windows power management and slowly start setting and testing each setting.
Switch any graphics or monitor related setting to performance or full power modes. Those seem like the most likely causes for your issues.
In my experience low power modes tend to have issues. If you will be away from your computer for a while I would just recommend that you shutdown. Especially if you can't find the setting that resolves the issue in windows power management.

Solution