Keyboard and mouse not working properly

aznxbby

Reputable
Jan 31, 2015
My right shift key is constantly on making it hard to type numbers without getting !@#$, and for my mouse it doesnt scroll up and down. It scrolls horizontally (left and right) and highlights ever text i click on and opens a new window when i click on something . How can i fix this ? Thanks !

Solution
The warm water may have killed it. You might try cleaning it again with 91% isopropyl alcohol in the hope of removing any lingering water; if the "gunk" included skin and sweat, water would have turned that into a salt solution, which is conductive. Good luck, but I'm not too optimistic. I had a nice Logitech G111 that was ruined by a liquid spill; really ticked me off, as I'd expect a high-end KBD like that to have some kind of protection. Oh well...
The warm water may have killed it. You might try cleaning it again with 91% isopropyl alcohol in the hope of removing any lingering water; if the "gunk" included skin and sweat, water would have turned that into a salt solution, which is conductive. Good luck, but I'm not too optimistic. I had a nice Logitech G111 that was ruined by a liquid spill; really ticked me off, as I'd expect a high-end KBD like that to have some kind of protection. Oh well...

Solution