Windows 10 Install Reboot and loses progress

peteraryan

Reputable
Sep 1, 2015
Hello,

I am trying to clean install windows 10 on a custom build pc. I have a installation usb created by the Windows Media Creation tool. I boot, it goes into set up, and I choose which partition and all that. It begins installing. Then it restarts after it finishes getting the files ready.

This is when things go off the rails. When it boots back up, it returns to the initial set up screen. As if I had not just gone through the first part of the install. I have tried a few times and same result.

Build: OCZ SSD 240 gb
Asus MB
AMD CPU.
I can write out the rest if it is relevant.

Solution
Figured it out, there was some weird formating on it because I had installed the SSD with the other drive together before doing the clean install. Windows 10 storage space utility was causing the problem. Once I removed the SSD from that function it worked. I don't know enough to answer why that was the problem but it is working so :)

peteraryan

Reputable
Sep 1, 2015

Did not work. I also attempted to remove the usb after the installation to leave only the ssd to boot from. It gave me the black screen asking for boot media. Thank you for the attempt. Other suggestions?

peteraryan

Reputable
Sep 1, 2015
Figured it out, there was some weird formating on it because I had installed the SSD with the other drive together before doing the clean install. Windows 10 storage space utility was causing the problem. Once I removed the SSD from that function it worked. I don't know enough to answer why that was the problem but it is working so :)

Solution