Windows 10 is crapping on my networking drivers!!

gamer4717

Reputable
Jul 24, 2015
apparantly there was a update to windows 10 today and when it updated it started conflicting with my networking drivers on my main rig so now i cant get on the internet with it. What i have done so far is uninstall the drivers for both of my built in NICs which is one intel and one killer and uninstalled the last security update for windows 10.

Solution
This has been happening since day 1 of Win X release and the primary reason why many folks haven't upgraded. One of the "rules" we have passed on to our users is never let Windows install anything but OS fixes and install drivers only from the hardware manufacturer's web site. MS now thinks they know better and even if you install the correct driver from the hardware vendor's site, Win X will remove it and replace it with the one it likes.

Few months back was an article where MS stated that they were going to change this behavior but, as of yet, I haven't seen anything in the trades.
This has been happening since day 1 of Win X release and the primary reason why many folks haven't upgraded. One of the "rules" we have passed on to our users is never let Windows install anything but OS fixes and install drivers only from the hardware manufacturer's web site. MS now thinks they know better and even if you install the correct driver from the hardware vendor's site, Win X will remove it and replace it with the one it likes.

Few months back was an article where MS stated that they were going to change this behavior but, as of yet, I haven't seen anything in the trades.

Solution