Brightness setting issues with Windows 10

magikarp559

Honorable
Dec 1, 2012
Hi everyone! I'm experiencing some issues on my Aspire 5740! Since when I installed Windows 10 I am not able to adjust screen brightness. It shows me if I decrease it but it doesn't actually change. My Aspire 5740 has an AMD Mobility Radeon HD 5xxxx. I tried to rollback to a previous version of the drivers but nothing seems to change. Do you know another version I could try to rollback to to fix this? I tried to install Windows Generic Graphic drivers too (I don't remember the name precisely) and with that I'm able to change brightness but the resolution is unacceptable (800x600). I'm starting to think that the only way to fix this is to rollback to Windows 7 but I wouldn't want to. Any suggestions?

Do not use the automated driver check, you must go to the Acer support website and see if there are proper Windows 10 drivers for your particular model. If there are no drivers, you'll have to deal with the brightness issues or revert back to a supported OS

magikarp559

Honorable
Dec 1, 2012

Yeah I know. I went on Acer site and for my computer "Windows 7" is the only available section. While, exploring the AMD site, this is what happens. (And still it says me that I already have the latest drivers installed when I download the setup and execute it)
hZ7ekv.png
l8xG6i.png

In that case you won't have proper support for device functionality. You can check to see if there's a bios update, that might help a bit, but most likely you have no choice but to revert.