Windows Getting Update Forever

alphastew

Reputable
Sep 28, 2014
Hello!
So I am running Windows 7 and trying to upgrade to Windows 10 through the installer. I've tried multiple times and when it gets to the stage that says "Getting Updates" it just sits there. I left it going all night and it was still doing it in the morning. It's becoming very irritating. I tried the clean boot state. Any help anyone has would be great!

Solution
Could you please pass on your full systems specs?

Alot of users will tell you not to go the upgrade route as it is the path that apparently has lead to alot of glitches for Windows 10. Clean installations themselves have also had issues.

Nevertheless have a go with this and see if you can make headway with your upgrade. Likewise see if you have any firewall active and/or any antivirus running in the background. Disable them and then see if that helps.

Lutfij

Titan
Could you please pass on your full systems specs?

Alot of users will tell you not to go the upgrade route as it is the path that apparently has lead to alot of glitches for Windows 10. Clean installations themselves have also had issues.

Nevertheless have a go with this and see if you can make headway with your upgrade. Likewise see if you have any firewall active and/or any antivirus running in the background. Disable them and then see if that helps.

Solution

alphastew

Reputable
Sep 28, 2014
thank you for everyone who answered. I figured out a solution, however I don't know if it was the right one:p I downloaded the Windows 10 ISO and then opened it with 7zip. Then you select setup and follow the steps, however, when it says do you want to install updates now, I selected no. That did the trick. It finished updating and I was able to install updates fine once in Windows 10.
Thanks again!