How to get rid of the "tags" on a hardrive to make it non bootable?

Shadowcalen1

Reputable
Apr 21, 2015
I am currently running ito a issue where I need to expand a drive with a OS on it, but that is not possable. I currently have it in a different computer, and it shows up as healthy(boot, page file, crash dump, primary partition). Anyone know of a way to just make it Healthy(primary partition) so I can resize it, then stick the tags back on after?

Solution
Although this is pertaining to Windows 7, you can do the same in Windows 10 though if you did manage to make one of your drives non bootable and stick it into a machine that is Windows 10, there is a high likelihood that the device will not function afterwards. Primarily due to the fact that the activation key is bound to your hardware used during installation process of Windows 10.

What do you intend to do with expanding an OS drive? Perhaps there is a better way of looking at your issue. Pass on your full systems specs as well.

Lutfij

Titan
Although this is pertaining to Windows 7, you can do the same in Windows 10 though if you did manage to make one of your drives non bootable and stick it into a machine that is Windows 10, there is a high likelihood that the device will not function afterwards. Primarily due to the fact that the activation key is bound to your hardware used during installation process of Windows 10.

What do you intend to do with expanding an OS drive? Perhaps there is a better way of looking at your issue. Pass on your full systems specs as well.

Solution