Dual HD monitors from one HDMI port?

seviitor

Reputable
Dec 13, 2015
Hello, I was thinking of getting another monitor so I have a dual monitor setup, but I only have one HDMI port on my graphics card. However my current monitor has 2 HDMI ports so my question is will it work if I plug another monitor in to my current one? So my PC is plugged in to one HDMI port on my first monitor and then another monitor plugged in to a different HDMI port on the first monitor, will this work? Hope this makes sense :)

Thanks

Solution
No, HDMI doesn't work like that (DisplayPort will let you "daisy chain" displays, HDMI will not).

What make/model graphics card do you have? You should be able to use a DVI-HDMI adapter to connect the second display, assuming you have an available DVI port.

COLGeek

Cybernaut
No, HDMI doesn't work like that (DisplayPort will let you "daisy chain" displays, HDMI will not).

What make/model graphics card do you have? You should be able to use a DVI-HDMI adapter to connect the second display, assuming you have an available DVI port.

Solution

seviitor

Reputable
Dec 13, 2015

I have a GeForce GTX 770 and if I was to do as you say will it effect the resolution at all?