screen on hp goes blue sometimes, sometimes has black/white lines. When I adjust the screen I can get it to go away most times

Lioness Lair

Reputable
Dec 13, 2015
Just looking for help.. This is strange and I have not found an answer yet. It does appear that it is only my screen necause if I hook it to my tv with hdmi it's fine?

Lioness Lair

Reputable
Dec 13, 2015
If I move it just exactly right I can get the blue and/or lines to go away. It does not do both the blue and lines at the same time. Should I try to find some way to replace the screen or something? Thanks

Milheim

Reputable
Sep 2, 2015
Are we to assume this is on a laptop? If so, I'd say that it's the cable connecting your display to your motherboard. Because of the way they're routed through the hinges into the laptop chassis, sometimes they will be pinched or bind.

Milheim

Reputable
Sep 2, 2015
Honestly? If it's under warranty call the manufacturer and get it repaired/replaced for free. Otherwise I would suggest you take it to a reputable repair person. Desktop PCs are easy to work on, but I wouldn't suggest attempting laptop repair if you have never worked on a computer. I've been working on PCs for over 10 years and I despise working on laptops.