How to boot in BIOS in Windows 10 Gigabyte Motherboard

sjp3568

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2014
Hey guys -

So I have Gigabyte z97x UD3H motherboard and Windows 10. I set my boot option in BIOS to restart my computer "ultra fast". Now, I am not able to spam "F12" to boot to BIOS. Is there a way to boot to BIOS besides spamming F12?

I tried to do this path = start - settings - update & security - recovery - advance startup 'restart now' - trouble shoot - advanced options - AND from here I am supposed to see "UEFI Firmware settins" but I see start-up settings which don't lead me to the BIOs start-up.

Please let me know if you guys know the answer to this!

Thanks!

Solution
All you're doing is resetting your bios - as in reverting all those settings like 'fast boot' to the default configurations. All the data on your HDD/SSD remains untouched.

To reset:
Method 1) Find the 'clear cmos' or 'clear bios' jumper on your motherboard. Look up in the manual where that jumper is, and you can follow the directions in the user manual.

Method 2) Pull the battery out of the holder on the motherboard. It's a big watch battery (about the size of a quarter usually). Keep it out for 30 seconds, then put it back in.

sjp3568

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2014

How do I exactly reset? Also, will I lose anything if I perform the reset?

Rookie_MIB

Distinguished
All you're doing is resetting your bios - as in reverting all those settings like 'fast boot' to the default configurations. All the data on your HDD/SSD remains untouched.

To reset:
Method 1) Find the 'clear cmos' or 'clear bios' jumper on your motherboard. Look up in the manual where that jumper is, and you can follow the directions in the user manual.

Method 2) Pull the battery out of the holder on the motherboard. It's a big watch battery (about the size of a quarter usually). Keep it out for 30 seconds, then put it back in.

Solution