New PC Constantly Giving BSOD

Hammer2

Reputable
Dec 13, 2015
Hello Everyone

I built a computer about 4 days ago and am having constant problems with bsod with all different errors in each one. I don't have any technical information for them, as when I try to download and install things it gives me a bsod. I have gotten the following error messages

Memory_Management
Irql_Not_Less_Or_Equal
Page_Fault_In_Nonpaged_Area

I first put on a pirated version of windows 8.1 Pro. But once i realised it can't get updates I installed a genuine copy of windows 10 that i bought from my local IT shop. I have factory reset the pc twice and it still recieves the bsod. I also noticed that when i factory reset both hard drives, it still creates windows.old folders, which should have been deleted.

The windows 10 is installed on a ssd (Samsung 850 EVO 120Gb) and is accompanied by an empty 1 TB Seagate Barracuda (Don't know technical specification).

I have crashed from playing games, running a disk cleanup, when it is restarting from the windows memory diagnostics tool and just watching youtube.

If anyone knows how to fix the issues, I'd love to hear from you.

PC Parts -

CPU - Intel Core i7 6700
GPU - Gigabyte GeForce GTX 970 G1 Gaming 4GB
MOBO - ASRock B150M-Pro4 Motherboard
SDD - Samsung 850 EVO Series 120GB 2.5in SSD
HDD - Seagate Barracuda 1 TB 3.5in
Memory - 16G Kit (8Gx2) 2133 Kingston HyperX Fury (DDR4)
PSU - Corsair CS650M Modular 80 Plus Gold Power Supply
Case - Corsair Graphite 230T Case Black
Network Adapter - TP-Link Wireless Dual Band PCIe TL-WDN3800

Peripherals - (Doubt you would need them)

Monitor - ASUS VE248H 24in
Keyboard - Razer BlackWidow Chroma RGB Mechanical Gaming Keyboard
Mouse - Razer Mamba 4G Dual Laser Gaming Mouse

SBMfromLA

Distinguished
When/if I get bad crashes that I'm unable to resolve or figure out... I use that as an opportunity to just reinstall Windows. It sounds to me like you either have a bad driver installed or your file system is corrupted.

Most people aren't aware of this.. but some corruption will NOT clear up if you reinstall Windows.. it just carries over. Rather than spend days trying to figure out the problem... you could just start all over. That means BOOTING up from Windows DVD to reinstall... but first going to Advance Options and DELETING the partition on your drive and creating a new one. Then reinstall Windows.

Your problem could just be a bad driver.. or it could be something else..

Hammer2

Reputable
Dec 13, 2015

I was just resetting my sdd and hdd and it came up with an error at 66% with the KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

I am now back to installing windows 10 from the usb. Should I try installing it on the HDD or keep it on the SDD?

Hammer2

Reputable
Dec 13, 2015
Just an update

Because I was receiving memory_management errors I decided to take out each piece of ram to check if one was faulty. One of the sticks of ram didn't even detect any drives in the computer, so I took that one out. I tried the other one and it installed windows successfully. I believe the problem is faulty ram