left click volume control windows 10 doesn't work

Searchguy

Reputable
Dec 14, 2015
When I installed Windows 10 I could left click on the volume control and a slider appeared where I could adjust the volume. Now when I left click nothing happens. To adjust volume I have to right click open Volume Mixer to adjust volume. How can I restore this back to left clicking to adjust volume. At the same time this feature went away left clicking on the Windows Icon in the tray also stopped working. Now to shut down or sign out I have to right click to get to do this. Anyone else had this problem

Solution
Had that problem on mine, had to reinstall Fn Key driver after 1511 from Win Update.

It shouldn't be connected to that, but it was. There also might be a setting for it in your UEFI.

Bill

Aefuan

Honorable
Apr 30, 2015
Seems like some people had this problem when upgrading to windows 10 from a previous version of windows.

Did you upgraded or was it a clean install?

Some people fixed it by reinstalling the antivirus program.

If this is not the problem it could be malware, I would try to do an scan with anti malware bytes.

W Fallon

Reputable
Dec 4, 2015
Had that problem on mine, had to reinstall Fn Key driver after 1511 from Win Update.

It shouldn't be connected to that, but it was. There also might be a setting for it in your UEFI.

Bill

Solution