Bad_System_Config_Info BSOD into Black screen loop

MoonChopper

Reputable
Dec 14, 2015
Today after installing 2 new case fans and an led kit to my pc. My pc gave me a Bad_System_Config_Info BSOD after bootup. After automatic repair the BSOD would just pop up again. I could not run safe mode nor use the "restart but keep personal files" option as my computer kept saying it failed. Feeling defeat I tried to restore my computer back to factory settings however it became stuck at restarting at 1% and then failed.

Now when I turn on my pc my monitor flashes two different shades of black and continues on a loop. I'm still able to access my bios. But now I don't get an automatic BSOD. Pc still won't load to desktop though.
My GPU, CPU, RAM, SSD, and HDD are all detected under bios.
My custom pc was on windows 7 prior to windows 10.

Can anyone help me? I have tried searching for other threads with a similar issue to no avail.

Specs:
Motherboard: Asrock z77 extreme4
GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 580 twin frozer
CPU: Intel 4770k
RAM: Hyperx blu 8gb
Cooler: Cooler Master Seidon 120M – All-In-One
PSU: Thermaltake smart m750watt
HDD: WD Black 1tb
SSD: Corsair force gt 120gb
PCI: Wireless adapter TL-WN881ND
PCI: NZXT Red led
Update*
I tried doing a fresh install of windows 10 through usb however I kept getting a loop where it asked for me to restart my computer. I then tried using a usb with windows 7 on it. To my surprise this worked. Everything on my hdd is still there, however my ssd where I had windows 10 on and other key programs were wiped (which is fine since this isn't the first this month). I am now currently updating all my drivers since its missing most of them. I hope that this is the end however what I am curios about is what was the initial issue that caused this. I will update again once all my drivers are finished installing if any more issues arrive. I am also sorry if I may seem stupid. This is my first custom pc,

Solution
The initial issue may be the result of a corruption within your OS's files. Have you verified that your bootable USB installer for Windows 10 is not corrupt in any form?

There are some known cases as yours where users were running functional devices with Windows 10 on them to only come back from an excursion or a nap with a dead unit or a missing boot drive and can even range to not being able to boot into OS at all. This form of OS degradation from operational is seen with most of them while others were from bad driver support.

Have you performed a BIOS update(although old) and have you installed all the necessary drivers(including version 359.06 from Nvidia following the clean GPU drivers tutorial)? I could...

Lutfij

Titan
The initial issue may be the result of a corruption within your OS's files. Have you verified that your bootable USB installer for Windows 10 is not corrupt in any form?

There are some known cases as yours where users were running functional devices with Windows 10 on them to only come back from an excursion or a nap with a dead unit or a missing boot drive and can even range to not being able to boot into OS at all. This form of OS degradation from operational is seen with most of them while others were from bad driver support.

Have you performed a BIOS update(although old) and have you installed all the necessary drivers(including version 359.06 from Nvidia following the clean GPU drivers tutorial)? I could look towards the Braodcom LAN port as the culprit. Since you're using a wireless adapter perhaps disable the LAN port within BIOS...?

Solution