PC does not recognize USB drive unless I unplug headset

ADVgamer

Reputable
Feb 1, 2015
I'm having an issue with my system where, while my G430 USB headset is plugged into 1 of the 3(2x2.0 and 1x3.0) USB ports on the front of my case the other 2.0 USB doesn't not seem to work or rather Windows 10 PRO won't recognize my USB key(I've used tried multiple USB keys already). I hate having to disconnect my headset every damn time I'm sitting here waiting for a file to be copied onto my USB!

System:
- WINDOWS 10 PRO
- R1 ZALMAN (PC case)
- MAXIMUS VII RANGER (Motherboard)
- I7 4770K (CPU)
- KELVIN S24 FRACTAL DESIGN (CPU COOLER)
- ASUS R9 270X DirectCU2 TOP 2GB (GPU)
...etc.

Solution
Hi,

Do try running some updates with your PC first.
- Start by running Windows Updates and install all important updates.
- Next is to install the latest BIOS update.
- Here's the link of the latest BIOS update: http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/LGA1150/MAXIMUS-VII-RANGER/MAXIMUS-VII-RANGER-ASUS-3003.zip
- After the update do test weather or not the same problem will persist.
- If all these will not work do uninstall/reinstall the USB driver.
- Once uninstalled from Device Manager just reboot your PC and it should reinstall that driver automatically.
- If all these will not work you may need to disable "USB selective suspend settings" In Power Option
- Open Power Option then click on Change plan settings then Change advanced power...
Hi,

Do try running some updates with your PC first.
- Start by running Windows Updates and install all important updates.
- Next is to install the latest BIOS update.
- Here's the link of the latest BIOS update: http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/LGA1150/MAXIMUS-VII-RANGER/MAXIMUS-VII-RANGER-ASUS-3003.zip
- After the update do test weather or not the same problem will persist.
- If all these will not work do uninstall/reinstall the USB driver.
- Once uninstalled from Device Manager just reboot your PC and it should reinstall that driver automatically.
- If all these will not work you may need to disable "USB selective suspend settings" In Power Option
- Open Power Option then click on Change plan settings then Change advanced power settings and click on USB settings.
- Your last resort would be resetting your PC back to factory

Solution