Deleting Win 7 Leftovers after Win 10 install and installing Win 7 in New Partition for dual boot

ProWalt

Reputable
Dec 15, 2015
While installing Win 10, I decided to keep Win 7 and set up a dual boot. Unfortunately Win 10 took over the OS and I never could log back into Win 7. However, at start up, I still get the dual boot option but weather I choose Win 10 or Win 7, they both go into Win 10. BUT, Win 7 appears as the default so if I don't click the Win 10 option the system will load Win 10 but this option has some sort of problem and it causes my system to crash. How can I delete all Win 7 option left-overs and reinstall it into another partition so that I can still run Win 7 when I want to. Tried doing it in BIOS and it does not work. The Win 7 booting also takes forever since it loads: "Start PXR over IPv4" and then "Start PXE over IPv6" which takes forever. I need Win 7 to run some old hardware and software which will not run on Win 10.

Solution
The best course of action to take would be follow up this guide in order to pull off a dual boot with both Windows 10 and 7/8 on the same system.

I would however like to stress that you should backup all your critical data should anything go wrong. As it is there are a number of threads and articles strewn across the www speaking of bad installation and lost data. Windows 10 has been phenomenal but there are instances where a minor edit in registry or a power failure was enough to cause it to go awry. Is it possible to state your full systems specs? If a laptop please include your make and model number.

Is this installation of Windows 10 from an upgrade?

Lutfij

Titan
The best course of action to take would be follow up this guide in order to pull off a dual boot with both Windows 10 and 7/8 on the same system.

I would however like to stress that you should backup all your critical data should anything go wrong. As it is there are a number of threads and articles strewn across the www speaking of bad installation and lost data. Windows 10 has been phenomenal but there are instances where a minor edit in registry or a power failure was enough to cause it to go awry. Is it possible to state your full systems specs? If a laptop please include your make and model number.

Is this installation of Windows 10 from an upgrade?

Solution