Can a computer monitor detect both PAL and NTSC?

mangaman

Honorable
I know absolutely nothing when it comes to PAL and NTSC. People have been saying that you can't run a Japanese game console on an American t.v., or vise versa, because of the PAL and NTSC video format. My question is, if I hook up an Super Nintendo Famicom (Japanese verson of the SNES) to an HDMI converter which connects to my monitor (Acer H236HL) will the monitor or converter recognize the PAL or HTSC output, so I can play Japanese games on my computer monitor. Again, I know absolutely nothing when it comes to PAL and NTSC.

Solution
PAL and NTSC are broadcast standards. HDMI is a connection standard. An HDMI connector will work the same way everywhere. If it outputs HDMI than it doesn't matter to the monitor where that came from.

I'm from the PAL world (NZ) and live in the NTSC world (USA) My HDMI monitors could care less. (And they are also TVs in their respective countries)
PAL and NTSC are broadcast standards. HDMI is a connection standard. An HDMI connector will work the same way everywhere. If it outputs HDMI than it doesn't matter to the monitor where that came from.

I'm from the PAL world (NZ) and live in the NTSC world (USA) My HDMI monitors could care less. (And they are also TVs in their respective countries)

Solution

mangaman

Honorable

Awesome, thanks for the input. So, just for clarification, I can connect an PAL or NTSC console to my monitor without worries as long as the output is HDMI?