How to charge my car battery at home w/o any kind of charger

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ticity

Reputable
Dec 16, 2015
You could use the 12volt, but the car battery need alot of amps, and would not recommend it, as you need DC, right amount of amps and about 14,2Volts.
Is the car running? if it is, you could just let it run for an hour or more, and the generator will charge the battery.
You could always just get a friend with jump cables to jump it, then let it run.

TelevisedAI

Reputable
Dec 12, 2015
Yes they can be used. (BUT YOU NEED TO BE VERY CAREFUL!!! YOU NEED TO HAVE PROTECTIVE GOGGLES AND GLOVES!)

You can use either of the chargers to charge a 12v car battery as long as they are DC.

All you need are two wires and your charger.
*remember the inner side of your charger pin is positive and the outer side is negative.

>>>> Connect the first wire to the inner side of the pin ( Positive ). (Securely tape it!)
>>>> Connect the second wire to the outer side of the pin ( Negative ). (Securely tape it!)

>>>> Now connect the positive wire to the positive connector on your battery and connect the negative wire to the negative connector on your battery. ( Securely seated! )

>>>> Now plug your charger into the main and power it on and make sure to check the charger and the battery for any heat. (*STAY THERE WHILE THE BATTERY IS BEING CHARGED).

**12v is minimum and 19v is the maximum ** so you better start with your 12v charger.

Good luck and be extra cautious!

mymutter

Honorable
Dec 23, 2014
if your chargers are built for appliances, then they probably will not work.

a 1 amp charger is not really going to charge a car battery. (it will, fully charge in in 30 days, maybe, if the charger does not burn itself out first)

You need a charger designed for Car batteries. They range from 10 dollars for cheap ones (that will still do the trick) and up. Harbor freight has some that will work, they are not the greatest, but you really don't need to be all that stable when charging standard lead acid batteries.

If you are running AGM batteries, it's recommended to use a charger made for AGM, but in all honesty, the jury is still out on that one (I use a normal charger on my AGM marine batteries in the winter.).

So without knowing more information about the "appliance power supplies" you have, I would not recommend using them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS